We recognise that each of our clients have different financial needs and objectives and together we will build an appropriate plan to meet your individual requirements.
In order to clarify the expectations of all parties and to provide transparency of charges we set out in this document the services available.
The Financial Planning Process
There are four stages to the financial planning process, each of which is separately costed, although the initial consultation is at our cost:
- Initial consultation
- Financial review and recommendation
- Policy arrangement and implementation
- Review – ongoing care and advice through our ongoing management service
Each of these services and the associated costs are explained below.
The initial consultation will comprise of:
- initial meeting with one of our qualified financial planners
- a chance to ask questions and understand what we do
- opportunity for us to find out what help you require
- discuss the options available to you from our menu of services
- information about our charges
- There is no charge for this initial consultation
Financial Review and Recommendation
We will carry out an extensive assessment of your personal and financial circumstances at the outset to establish your financial planning requirements. This will include:
- gathering of information about your existing financial arrangements and full personal circumstances;
- understanding of your investment knowledge and attitude and tolerance towards investment risk;
- recommendation of an asset allocation model that matches your risk profile and the subsequent assessment and suitability of any existing holdings;
- researching the market and preparing our recommendations to you;
- arranging a second appointment to explain and discuss our recommendations in detail.
When you receive our report/financial plan it will be your decision whether to implement our recommendations either completely or in part.
A clear breakdown of the fees for the report and implementation/s will be included in our client agreement.
Policy Arrangement and Implementation
The implementation of our recommendations includes where appropriate:
- handling of all fund and policy administration on your behalf
- regular updates to keep you informed of progress
- ensure all your documents are issued in line with your expectations
- provide confirmation of all actions taken on your behalf in writing
Our fees for this part of the service are covered in detail within our client agreement which should be read in conjunction with this document.
Reviews – Ongoing Management Service
Your financial objectives may change over time due to changes in your lifestyle or circumstances. We believe it is essential to ensure that your portfolio continues to meet your lifestyle and investment objectives. Our ongoing review and management service offers:
- structured reviews tailored to your needs and requirements to give you peace of mind
- assessment of your current circumstances and any changes to your plans that are needed
- regular updates and information regarding your holdings
- ongoing support with correspondence and administration
We recognise that all clients do not have the same service requirements and you are free to choose the level of service that best suits your needs. Our fees for this part of the service are covered in detail within our client agreement which should be read in conjunction with this document.
It should be noted that it is not compulsory for you to sign up to our review service and we do offer a “one off fixed fee, which will be agreed with you at outset. Under this arrangement we will not review your investments but would do so at a further charge to be agreed.”